Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Little Things in Life

I belong to this group on facebook called the "Book of Romans Bible Study." It was started by this sweet lady named Sarah Misch. This group was started with the intention of us studying the book of Romans together. But it has evolved into so much more. It has become a community of wonderful Christian sisters and a couple of brothers too! We really do need some more brothers to join! But one of these sisters shared the following today (well really yesterday now....I'm up way too late); and I wanted to share it here on my blog. I am definately one of those people that gets impatient while stuck in traffic....or can't find my keys. Recently (this past Wednesday) I was really frustrated that I was blocked in my garage by my daughter's boyfriend's car. He was all the way on the other side of town (about a half hour away), and ofcourse had his keys with him, so I couldn't just go move the car. I was trying to leave to go up to church to be there for the weekly meeting of our high school youth group, Clayhouse. I volunteer as a leader for this group. Well...it was rather frustrating at first, then funny, because just the week before that I was a half hour late for the same weekly meeting. I couldn't find my keys. I tore the house up looking for them, and they were in my purse the whole time!! Talk about feeling like a dork. But then I read this post and it made me rethink these annoying, yet funny situations. God might very well have been protecting me from something. This will make sense once you read what was posted to the group.

The little things in life
As you might remember, the head of a company survived 9/11 because his son started kindergarten. Another fellow was alive because it was His turn to bring donuts. One woman was late because her Alarm clock didn't go off in time. One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident. One of them Missed his bus. One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change. One's car wouldn't start. One couldn't get a taxi. The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, Took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.. Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to answer a ringing telephone ...all the little things that annoy me. I think to myself, this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.. Next time your morning seems to be going wrong , you can't seem to find the car keys, you hit every traffic light, don't get mad or frustrated; it May be just that God is at work watching over you. May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things and may you remember their possible purpose. Pass this on to someone else, if you'd like. There is NO LUCK attached. AMEN!!

So, I post this with thankfulness in my heart! God had me in the right place, at the right time! I may never know what those reasons are...but maybe God will let me know someday! But even if I don't, I'm fine with that now! And I want to remember this when I find myself getting frustrated, or stressed out over being late, or not being able to find my keys! God might very well be protecting me!!

Thank you Father God for loving me and protecting me!!
Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)
11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: